Is your devotion to your cat and “cat things” in the training stage, at a moderate level, or extreme? Or are you an all out shameless “cat-a-holic?” Let’s just see how you rate as a “cat person,” shall we? See how many of these can you give an HONEST “yes” answer to:
- Can you meow so well that you can fake out your cats?
- Have you ever called your husband/wife by the cat’s name by mistake?
- Do you think of your cats as the “furry kids?”
- Did you ever decide to buy a house or rent an apartment based solely on the potential spot for the litter box?
- Do you think cat hair in your food is a good source of protein?
- Last Christmas did you spend more money on cat toys than you did on gifts for the kids or grandkids?
- Are you at a loss as to how to talk to people who don’t own any cats?
- Does your wallet contain more photos of your cats than your kids or grandkids?
- Have you often slept on the very edge of the bed so that you won’t disturb the cat who’s sleeping in the very middle?
- Do you leave messages for the kitty on the answering machine?
- Have you ever invited a guest to sit down by patting the seat and making that noise with your pursed lips?
- Does your answering machine have the cat meowing on the outgoing message?
- When you go to the bathroom do you think of it as “using the litter box”?
- Have you made a habit of setting a place at the table for the kitty?
- Do you know your cat’s birthday (or if not, have made a good guess) and have a birthday party to celebrate?
- When your husband/wife gives you the ultimatum, “OK, it’s me or the cat,” you don’t hesitate for even one second.
- Do your neighbors talk about you as “the nut with all the cats?”
Cat-person Profile Quiz Score
How many did you answer “yes” to? I think just answering one with a “yes” is enough to qualify you as a “Cat Person.” But the number of yes answers determines the degree:
Your “Cat-ability” Score:
- 1 to 4 yes answers: In training – you could do better, but it’s OK, you’re learning.
- 5 to 8 yes answers: Moderate – working on it, improving nicely. Potential is there.
- 9 to 13 yes answers: Extreme – just about there, almost mastered the art. Keep stretching yourself.
- 14 to 17 yes answers: Totally possessed, hopelessly devoted, cat-a-holic. Congratulations!
Dedicated to Peanut, Mysz, Baby, Stasiek, Gizmo, Loki and so many others…
waiting for us by the rainbow bridge!
We miss you and have never forgotten you.