Read each question carefully. Answer all questions.
Time limit: 4 hours. Begin immediately.
- Describe the history of the papacy from its origins to the present day, concentrating especially, but not exclusively, on its social, political, economic, religious, and philosophical impact on Europe, Asia, America, and Africa. Be brief, concise, and specific.
- You have been provided with a razor blade, a piece of gauze, and a bottle of Scotch. Remove your appendix. Do not suture until your work has been inspected. You have fifteen minutes.
- 2,500 aborigines are storming the classroom. Calm Them. You may use any
ancient language except Latin or Greek.
Create life. Estimate the differences in subsequent human culture if this form of life had developed 500 million years earlier, with special attention to its probable effect on the English parliamentary system.
Prove your theses.
Write a piano concerto. Orchestrate and perform it with flute and drum.
You will find a piano under your seat.
Based on your knowledge of their works, evaluate the emotional stability, degree of adjustment and repressed frustrations of each of the following: Alexander of Aphrodisias, Ramses II, Gregory of Nicea, Hammurabi. Support your evaluation with quotations from each man’s work making appropriate references. It is not necessary to translate.
Estimate the sociological problems which might accompany the end of the world. Construct an experiment to test your theory.
- Take a position for or against truth. Prove the validity of your position.
- Define Management. Define Science. How do they relate? Why? Create a generalized algorithm to optimize all managerial decisions. Assuming an
1130 CPU supporting 50 terminals, each terminal to activate your
algorithm; design the communications interface and all necessary control programs.
- Write an epic of not less than 10,000 rhymed couplets on The Ascent of
Man; do not use more than four different languages. Then write a critical essay explaining the intentional fallacy of your poem.
- The disassembled parts of a high-powered rifle have been placed in a box on your desk. You will also find an instruction manual, printed in Swahili. In ten minutes a hungry Bengal tiger will be admitted to the room. Take whatever action you feel appropriate. Be prepared to justify your decision.
- Develop a realistic plan for refinancing the national debt. Trace the possible effects of your plan in the following areas: Cubism, The Donatist controversy, the wave theory of light. Outline a method for preventing these effects. Criticize this method from all possible points of view. Point out the deficiencies in your point of view as demonstrated in your answer to the last question.
- Provide a counter example to Goldbach’s Conjecture. Reconstruct Fermat’s proof of Fermat’s Theorem. Using the construction paper and Scotch tape found on the back of this exam, build a working model of a sphere which can be turned inside out without any folds.
- Using the materials leftover in the box containing the rifle, along with the chemicals provided in the first aid kit, build an atomic bomb. This is to be used in the next question.
- There is a red telephone on the desk beside you. Start World War III.
Report at length on its socio-political effects, if any.
- Explain the nature of matter. Include in you answer an evaluation of the impact of the development of mathematics on science.
- Sketch the development of human thought; estimate its significance.
Compare with the development of any other kind of thought.
- Describe in detail. Be objective and specific.
- Define the universe. Give three examples.
If you finish before time is called, go back and check your work.