We now live in a country where I have no president but I do have …
- A dead Senator from Missouri going to Congress.
- A fake President played on TV by Martin Sheen.
- A new Senator from New York who used to be the wife of the boss of the man who may be president.
- A Governor from Florida who is the brother of the man who may be president and son of a man who was.
- A sitting President whose wife now will be hanging around the same men who voted to remove him from office.
- A senior Senator from South Carolina who, under our current Constitution rules, could be appointed to be President in this standoff despite the fact that he is 98.
- A potential Vice President who, because he did not take his name off the Connecticut Senate race, could end up being the deciding factor in how the Senate is composed.
- A state where a Republican Secretary of State and a Democratic Attorney General try to determine the outcome of 25 electoral votes without appearing to be partisan.
And finally ….
Any questions? Frankly, I don’t see what the confusion is all about.