I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year old again.
- I want to go to McDonald’s and think that it’s a four star restaurant.
- I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples with rocks.
- I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.
- I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer’s day.
- I want to return to a time when life was simple.
- All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.
- I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good.
- I want to believe that anything is possible.
So….here’s my checkbook and my car keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood. And if you want to discuss this further, you’ll have to catch me first, cause, “Tag! You’re it.”