Imagine there is a bank, which credits your account each morning with $86,400, carries over no balance from day to day, allows you to keep no cash balance, and every evening cancels whatever part of the amount you had failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course!
Well, everyone has such a bank. Its name is TIME. Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the records of the day. If you fail to use the day’s deposits, the loss is yours. There is no going back. There is no drawing against the “tomorrow.”
You must live in the present on today’s deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success! The clock is running. Make the most of today.
- To realize the value of ONE YEAR – Ask a student who has failed his exam.
- To realize the value of ONE MONTH – Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.
- To realize the value of ONE WEEK – Ask an editor of a weekly.
- To realize the value of ONE DAY – Ask a daily wage laborer who has ten kids to feed.
- To realize the value of ONE HOUR – Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
- To realize the value of ONE MINUTE – Ask a person who has missed the train.
- To realize the value of ONE SECOND – Ask a person who has survived an accident.
- To realize the value of ONE MILLI-SECOND – Ask the person who has won a silver medal in Olympics.
Treasure every moment that you have.