- During your initial consultation he tries to sell you Amway.
- He tells you that his last good case was a “Budweiser.”
- When the prosecutors see who your lawyer is, they high-five each other.
- He picks the jury by playing “duck-duck-goose.”
- During the trial you catch him playing his Pokeman.
- He asks a hostile witness to “pull my finger.”
- A court security guard begins shaving your head.
- Every couple of minutes he yells, “I call Jack Daniels to the stand!” and proceeds to drink a shot.
- He frequently gives juror No. 4 the finger.
- He places a large “No Refunds” sign on the defense table.
- He begins closing arguments with, “As Ally McBeal once said …”
- He keeps citing the legal case of Godzilla v. Jesse Jackson.
- Just before trial starts he whispers, “The judge is the one with the little hammer, right?”
- Just before he says “Your Honor,” he makes those little quotation marks in the air with his fingers.
- The sign in front of his law office reads “Practicing Law Since 11:25 AM.”
- Whenever his objection is overruled, he tells the judge, “Whatever.”
- He giggles every time he hears the word “briefs.”
- His flat fee is $2,500 for your case, BUT he will give you double your money back if he wins your case.
- The name of his law firm is Goldberg, Goldman, Mandlebaum, and Cohen. His name is Pedro Jesus Sanchez.
Q: How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Whereas the party of the first part, also known as “Lawyer”, and the party of the second part, also known as “Light Bulb”, do hereby and forthwith agree to a transaction wherein the party of the second part (Light Bulb) shall be removed from the current position as a result of failure to perform previously agreed upon duties, i. e. the lighting, elucidation, and otherwise illumination of the area ranging from the front (north) door, through the entryway, terminating at an area just inside the primary living area, demarcated by the beginning of the carpet, any spillover illumination being at the option of the party of the second part (Light Bulb) and not required by the aforementioned agreement between the parties.
The aforementioned removal transaction shall include, but not be limited to, the following steps:
- The party of the first part (Lawyer) shall, with or without elevation at his option, by means of a chair, step stool, ladder or any other means of elevation, grasp the party of the second part (Light Bulb) and rotate the party of the second part (Light Bulb) in a counter-clockwise direction, this point being non-negotiable.
- Upon reaching a point where the party of the second part (Light Bulb) becomes separated from the party of the third part (“Receptacle”), the party of the first part (Lawyer) shall have the option of disposing of the party of the second part (Light Bulb) in a manner consistent with all applicable state, local and federal statutes.
- Once separation and disposal have been achieved, the party of the first part (Lawyer) shall have the option of beginning installation of the party of the fourth part (“New Light Bulb”). This installation shall occur in a manner consistent with the reverse of the procedures described in step one of this self-same document, being careful to note that the rotation should occur in a clockwise direction, this point also being non-negotiable.
Note: The above described steps may be performed, at the option of the party of the first part (Lawyer), by any or all persons
authorized by him, the objective being to produce the most possible revenue for the party of the fifth part, also known as “Partnership.”